Thursday, July 28, 2011

Weigh-In Week 7 (Dum, Dum, DUMMMM....)

I was SOOOO worried about this week's weigh-in!  We had been on vacation and my plan totally went out the window.  I was so down on myself for some of the choices I made while we were gone.  I was afraid of what the scale was going to say (or scream).  Here goes nothing...

Zach's total weight loss - 24 pounds (That's right - he ate like *pardon my French* crap and still lost weight.  Darn that male metabolism!)
Kelli total weight loss - 16.8 pounds (The bad news - I gained .4 pounds.  Please read that point in front of the 4 it's pretty important.  The good news - .4 is a doable number.)

Don't get me wrong, I shouldn't have gained at all if I had stuck to my guns.  But I didn't, so I gained.  But actually seeing the +.4 on my WW tracking page made me feel a little better.  It wasn't horrible - I could come back from this!  We are trying to be really honest on this blog.  Part of me didn't want to admit this week's weigh-in, but then I wouldn't be true to myself or this journey we're on for the long haul.  We will have bad weeks, we will learn from them and move on as best we can.  Yes we can, Yes we will!!!

I ran into a friend of mine from elementary school the other night at dinner.  I was maybe feeling a little bit sorry for myself whilst looking at the yummy pizza and taking a bite of my salad.  She told me about reading this blog and shared her mom's success story.  Her mom had lost 100 pounds on Weight Watcher's and looked absolutely fabulous!  Her mom said it took her over a year, but she kept working at it until she reached her goal!  I'm so glad I ran into Lisa that night - not only did I get to see her precious family in person, but I also got a boost of inspiration I was really needing!  Thanks, Lisa - You guys helped me more than you know!!!

Thought of the day - "A setback is a setup for a comeback." Jonathan Sprinkles

Kelli :)

1 comment:

  1. Your such an amazing and honest person!! 16lbs is awesome!!! I bet you look fabulous!! I needed to read this...thanks!!!! I miss your sweet face!! :-)

    ReplyDelete