Saturday, June 11, 2011

250 Calorie Meal in 6 minutes!!!

So here's what started all of this interest in weight loss.  About a week and a half ago I stepped on the scale.  It read 270 lbs.  Then it flipped me off and exploded.  270lbs is unacceptable for a man of my heigth.  I weighed 189 lbs when I graduated high school.  I'm the same height now that I was back then.  Time to send fat packin'! 

So I pulled out that gym membership that I've had for a year and dusted it off.  I used it three days last week and twice today.  Yep, twice today for a total burn of 850 calories.  The result - I weighed in this morning at 261lbs!  Nine pounds lost in just over a week.  That sounds dramatic, but the truth is that these are the easy pounds.  I'm nearly 100 lbs over weight.  When you're that overweight, the initial loss can be dramatic.  I'm still proud of myself, nonetheless.  I also have my first recipe to share with you!

This recipe will allow you to consume two whole chicken breasts.  It takes around 6 minutes to prepare, and it's around 250 calories.  How awesome is that?  Check this out.  Ingredient #1 is fully cooked and grilled chicken breasts.  You can purchase these by the bag at the grocery store.

Tyson's fillets run 110 calories each.  Here's the link for the nutrition facts, in case you're a skeptic.  It takes two of these to fill me up.  So that's a total of 220 calories.  Ingredient number two is salsa.  It surprised me to learn that salsa is very low in calories.  Personally, I prefer Pace.  According to the bottle, it has 10 calories per serving.  A serving is 2 tablespoons.

Now here's the easiest part:  preparation.  Just nuke the chicken according to the instructions on the bag.  Those instructions are also on the link I provided.  All that's left to do after that is dump a generous amount of salsa on top of them.  At ten calories for every two tablespoons, you can smother them!  That's exactly what I did, and I'm guesstimating that it cost me an extra 30 calories.

So .. 220 calories for the chicken and 30 calories for the salsa equals a total of 250 calories.  Cooked in about six minutes with the microwave with 10 seconds to add salsa.  Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment