Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hey, I think I found your shoe!


This shoe has been point of interest for Jackson and me the past few days.  We've been watching the "progress" this shoe has made since last Wednesday.  It started out in the middle of the school's field that we walk/ride/jog around every night.  Sunday night, it had made it's way closer to the fence.  Last night, it was right up next to the fence.  Tonight, we found it hanging here.  Really, it's just a fun little distraction from the sweat pouring down various parts of my body.  It makes us smile!  So if you lost this shoe, email me - I know where to find it!

I don't really have anything earth-shattering to share or say.  We're still just trucking along our journey.  One day at a time of eating less and moving more.  I thought I'd share some tips I learned at my WW meeting about how to estimate servings of food using your hand.  I've already used these this week - they especially come in handy if you are eating out!

"Hand"-y guide to judge food portions
  • Your fist is about a cup
  • Your thumb is about 1 oz of meat of cheese
  • The tip of your thumb is about 1 tablespoon
  • The tip of your index finger is about 1 teaspoon
  • Your cupped hand is about 1 to 2 ounces of nuts or pretzels
  • Your palm is about 3 ounces of meat, fish or poultry
   
I wanted to share a few goals I set for myself to end this random post...
1.  Next summer, Zach and I will celebrate our 10 year anniversary.  We want to take a little trip by ourselves to celebrate.  I want to look/feel better before we go (not to mention the whole dreaded "swimsuit" situation).
2.  I want to be able to "shag" the baseballs Jackson hits without getting winded so easily.

I'll leave you with the view I had on my walk tonight.

With a precious view like this, it's not so hard to try to push yourself just a little bit further!


Thought of the day - "The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!" - Marvin Phillips

Seriously, if that's your shoe - I won't judge (for long anyway), call me!
Kelli

1 comment: